I watch Joyce Meyer every week day between 9-930 pm so the other day I took notes and decided I would share them on my blog. She made notes for each verse and that opened my eyes to a new way of reading and studying my Bible.
James Chapter 4 verses 1-12
- Strife is caused by our lustful desires.
- You do not have because you do not ask.
- We do not receive some blessings because of impure selfish motives.
- ALWAYS PUT GOD FIRST.
- Grace is the power to change.
- Submit to God and the devil will flee.
- Repent over disloyalty.
- Do not be presumptions.
- Do not speak evil of one another of judge others.
- Acknowledge God in all your ways.
- We can judge sin but not people (pray for the sinner)
- There are so many fights within families. Without peace the enemy has a chance to come into your lives.
- Walk in love and trust that when the time is right God will give us the desires of our heart. If something isn’t meant for you accept it with a cheerful spirit and remember He knows best.
- Point 10 reminded me of my mum. She ALWAYS says “Kana Mwari vatichengeta tichaita….” meaning If God is willing we will do….. She always acknowledges God before all else. Unlike how I just plan on things as if I even know if I will wake up tomorrow morning. I want to start practicing all of the above pointers but mostly more of point 10 in my life!
Have a blessed week everyone!