I have been on this health and fitness programme since August 2014 and so far it is going great. Here are a few changes I have made and I would like to believe they have drastically helped transform my body.
- I strictly eat brown bread, two slices only with my breakfast.
- I completely cut out margarine from my diet.
- I only take brown sugar and have my coffee black. One teaspoon if I am having my coffee with something sweet and two If it’s with something savoury.
- On the days I give in to junk food cravings I buy the small packets of whatever I feel like snacking on. Instead of a whole big packet of crisps I buy the small one.
- I don’t eat a whole small pizza by myself anymore. When I feel like pizza I make sure I have a friend with me and we share it. I like to call it “sharing calories”.
- I hardly ever include starch in my evening meals. If I do the portion is the size of my fist or smaller.
- I don’t drink fizzy drinks anymore.
- I have WeetBix for breakfast and I hate it! I have concluded that all the healthy foods taste terrible. LOL
- I drink a lot of water, up to 2.5 litres a day.
- I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Whatever is in season I’m eating it.
- I don’t buy junk food for my house. There is something about wanting to eat something even when you don’t want it, just because it’s there you will be tempted to eat it so no junk food for me thank you.
- I hardly drink alcohol now and when I do it’s a glass of red wine that puts me straight to bed!
- I eat a lot of raw tomatoes, well, mainly because I already like them and I use them to substitute starch in my meals.
- When I eat out I usually just eat half of whatever I would have ordered to cut down on the calorie intake.
- I stop eating the moment I feel full.
- I watch my portions.
At first it wasn’t easy but now my body has adjusted to the changes and I feel lovely. This is definitely something I see myself doing for the rest of my life. I now eat when I’m hungry and not necessarily because it’s time to eat. Baby steps can go a long way. This is what has worked specifically for me and I am happy with the results. I am not a dietitian of any sorts, simply playing around with food ideas and things I read on the internet until I find out what works best for me.