You would have thought a Sports Interview was going to be one of the very first interviews I did considering how much I love to exercise and stay fit and healthy. But alas it only occurred to me just the other day that I had to do one and here it is. I hope the guys will be motivated to go out there and work hard on their physic because the young man I interviewed is nothing short of strong and masculine. I know the ladies will enjoy this read the most for all the wrong reasons 🙂
- What is your full name?
Tonderai Sean Chigumbura
- How old are you?
- What is your health and fitness regime? (We want abs too)
Eating healthy, running and working out at the gym. I don’t run long distances; it is mostly short but intense. I run high speed is on the field.
- What is your average day like where exercising is concerned?
I go to the gym once in the morning an average of an hour; sometimes I hit the gym twice a day.
- What would you say are the benefits of exercising and eating healthy?
High self esteem, you are less prone to illness and you age more gracefully by maintaining your looks and your agility.
- Do you play any other sport?
Yes, I swim as well. I learnt how to swim when I was 7 years old.
- What made you settle for rugby?
I started playing rugby at age 15 then I fractured my clavicle (color bone) which is why I stopped swimming and then settled for rugby.
- Which position(s) do you play?
- Which clubs have you played for and which one are you currently playing for?
The first Club I played for in Zimbabwe was Harare Sports Club. I then moved to Old Georgians Rugby Club in the same year. I moved to South Africa where I was at The Sharks Academy in Durban. I played for Old Boys Rugby Football Club and Jaguars Rugby Football Club. In Zimbabwe I am currently playing for Harare Sports Club.
- Do you have any games lined up for this season locally?
Yes I do but the start date for the season has not yet been confirmed.
- Who motivates you?
My late father and myself.
- Is there any history of sport in your family?
Yes, my mother did gymnastics and my brothers only played sport till sixth form.
- Has playing sport given you the opportunity to travel the world?
Yes it has actually. I have been to France, United States of America, Dubai, Tunisia, Kenya, Namibia, Zambia, South Africa and Sweden.
- How are you giving back to the community?
We do free coaching clinics at the 7s rugby squad for schools in the high density areas.
- Relationship status (I know the ladies are dying to know)
Yes, I am in a relationship with Tanasha Sigauke, 6 years now and still going strong.
- Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?
In the next couple of years, God willing, I will be playing at a much more professional stage than I am at the moment. Lastly, where can people get in touch with you? Facebook Instagram Twitter but my account is inactive, I never got round to learning how to Tweet. LOL So there you have it, next time you go and watch rugby be on the lookout for Tonderai Sean Chigumbura. Many thanks to him for making time out of his schedule for this interview. Wishing you nothing but the best in the near future. MaKupsy