It’s going to be my 29th birthday on Sunday and I have decided to compile a list of things I have learnt over the years and some things I have decided to let go off to enter my birthday with nothing but good vibes.
I HAVE LEARNT AND ACCEPTED THAT…
- Pretending to be someone else doesn’t work. Just be you, flaws and all. Someone will love and accept you just the way you are.
- You do not have to force conversations with anyone. If you do not want to talk to them it is perfectly fine not to do so.
- Not everyone will like you, in the same you obviously won’t like everyone.
- In order for people to understand you, you have to communicate your thoughts and feelings.
- I am a single mother and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
- I am losing weight and working out but there is no chance I will ever be a size 10 again in this lifetime. That’s a good thing though, I love my curves and do not plan on having them disappear.
- You get over things. In as much as you think “oh no I will never forgive that person”, you eventually do so and life goes on.
- Love is beautiful when paired up with someone who feels the same way.
- Less is more. Sometimes all you need is a few good friends instead of a truckload of them.
I HAVE LET GO OF THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST…
- I fell dangerously in love with someone who did not love me back.
- I suffered a heartbreak that nearly killed me with depression.
- I did not get married the man I loved.
- I made some pretty shitty decisions in the name of love.
- I was responsible for some of the bad things that happened to me.
And lastly I stole this from somewhere and it actually makes perfect sense and it will be my new mantra until I hit the next milestone!
“Saturn has now orbited the sun once since you’ve been alive; make this next go-round whatever you want it to be. Consider your baggage (bad boyfriends, job setbacks, body issues) lost by the airline of life, leaving you empty-handed at your new destination…”