My challenge is complete!! I managed to complete 30 days of blogging every single day. When I initially set out to do this I was full of confidence thinking hey, this is easy, I love to write and this is going to be a walk in the park. Hah! Some crazy talk right there. The next time anyone asks me to define the word challenge I will simply tell them that a challenge is telling yourself that you can blog every single day. It is not impossible, trust me, but it’s the putting ideas and words together that will get the best of you but it can be done. There are few things I learnt from this challenge:
- I am a go getter! Whatever I tell myself I am going to do I get done and I give it my 110%
- Blogging ideas are everywhere. I got mine from work, reading through Tweets, during my morning run, when I was watching television, conversations with friends, a magazine article, a book I was reading, my random sex thoughts; you just have to be open minded about it and trust me your creative juices will start flowing.
- I also learnt that I should completely stop drinking alcohol, it is not my friend.
- To be thankful for those close to you, real friends are hard to come by and if you have people who are there for you do not take them for granted.
- I actually keep my word; remember the give away challenge I did on day 7? I can not even begin to explain the way I was tempted to spend that money but I had promised I would fulfill my end of the challenge.
- I didn’t get any comments on day 5 post, could it be safe to say my readers were trying to send a hidden message?
- Lastly, this experience taught me that you can do anything you want to do as long as you put in the work. Great things don’t happen over night, after all, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
A big thank you to everyone who read all my random posts throughout the month of September. My blog wouldn’t mean much if you actually didn’t pass through to read a blog, two or more. I will be taking a short break from blogging for a few days; yes I know that is jaw dropping news but I am sure you will do just fine without me for a while. I am undergoing surgery today and I will blog about it sometime in the near future when I am back to good health. In the mean time please keep me in your prayers and thoughts so that I can get through this in one piece.
Start doing the things you love. If you don’t like something, change it. Open your minds,arms and hearts to new things. Life is short. Live your dream and wear your passion.”