I can tell you that I have had moments I have questioned what was going through the other person’s mind when they were busy leaving 10 missed calls on my phone. When I try to contact someone and they don’t pick up the phone twice, that’s the end of that I won’t try doing so again because they clearly are tied up and when they are free they will get back to me. So I am left puzzled when I see my phone with so many missed calls from the same person within a short space of time.
If I didn’t answer the phone the first 3 calls there must be a reason why I am not picking up your calls. Reasons such as…
- My phone is on silent and I didn’t hear it ring.
- I am probably taking a bath.
- My phone is on the charger in the next room.
- I am tied up at work.
- I am in church.
- I am exercising.
- I have a visitor.
- I am doing some housework.
- I am probably asleep.
- I do not want to talk to you.
- I am upset with you.
- I will call you back once I am done doing whatever (or whoever) I am doing.
- I am working on my next blog and need maximum concentration.
- I am not in the mood to talk to anyone, it’s really not that deep.
- I want to be left alone.
So you see, people have one too many reasons for not picking up your calls. My advice is try at least twice, and wait a while before making the second call. If all else fails then you can get a hint right?
P.S. This also goes to messages on WhatsApp that go unanswered.
What have been your reasons for not picking up someone’s call? Do you always want to be taking calls or sometimes you just need that “alone time” the same way I do?
© MaKupsy 2016