It’s finally the last day of January! It has been the longest month of my life!!! I could sit here and tell you all the things that didn’t go right for me this month but today I choose to look at the sunny side of things. I saw the idea of a gratitude jar on Twitter towards the end of last year and told myself I would definitely give it a try. The plan was to wait to use up the mayonnaise in my fridge and then use that as my gratitude jar but weeks later I haven’t even had any meal that needed mayonnaise so I am kind of screwed. The alternative plan is to keep pestering Kuda for one because he claims he has those in abundance. *He calls them salad jars*, but jar or not I still wrote down a few things that I am grateful for this month…
- Today I am grateful for Miss Kupsy’s paternal Uncle. He came through for me when I least expected it. When the month started I wrote down a list of things Miss Kupsy needed and I didn’t have enough money to buy half the things on it. I just told myself it would work itself out somehow and I should not stress myself and guess what, just a few weeks later her uncle sent her some money and I managed to check through her list. He is an amazing human being and I always wish him well. He doesn’t have to but he is the one person who never forgets about her. I wish him nothing but beautiful things.
- I finally got round to creating my Fitness Blog and started work on the 12th of January. I love all things Health & Fitness and I want to create a platform that will be your go-to-place when you need inspiration, recipes, a fitness event, advice and a workout that will challenge you. Please take a minute to read some of the work that I have managed to write up so far on fitnessbaeblog.wordpress.com I am happy that I am doing the things that work on my creativity. Everyday I have people asking me for tips and worry not, I take note and each month I will have an article directed to an individual that will help everyone else in the process.
- A big thank you to Chenge for always hooking me up with life changing things. I still can’t believe the amount of information about natural hair I gathered and continue to gather thanks to the events she encouraged me to attend. We are both Bloggers and Creatives and if all things go well and we cook up what we have in mind, you guys will be blown away come June this year! She is a beautiful soul and I am grateful to have her in my life.
- There is a new Talk Show Radio in town… Capitalkfm and guess who got to be the first voice for the #AppOfTheDayShow? Yours truly of course! I got to talk about my experience with WordPress and how convenient it has been for me for the 3 years I have been using it. Here’s hoping for more features, perhaps this time I will be talking about the next #RunWithFitnessBae challenge.
- I got my first blog feature this year on ilizwi263.com I hope some one out there got to read it and got inspired to change their lifestyle.
The one thing I love about this Gratitude Jar idea is that you take time out of your day to focus on the good things. Do what you have to do to bring happiness into your own life, it begins with you after all.
Remember I said this is a monthly challenge for the year 2017 that I gave myself and yes the positive vibes keep coming. This month a few interesting things happened that reminded me how thankful I am for those around me and how much they have helped shape my life in ways they could never imagine. Here goes:
- One of the very first things that happened in the month of February was a feature on Larry Kwirirayi’s website, 3mob. You can read my feature on here. It was a great way to start my month and I have a feeling this somehow influenced how more doors were opened for me.
- We had our monthly running challenge in the fitness group and that week the hashtag was trending like crazy! It trended so much it ended up on Number 1 on the Twitter list. If you are a fitness enthusiast you should join my team and come run with us. Alternatively you can join in the fun through using the hashtag #RunWithFitnessBae and your runs will be visible on all my social media platforms.
- I wrote about how Onai got in touch with me after noticing that my hashtag was trending and I got to feature on his podcast. He has a slot where he features popular Hashtags and DotComs and I got to be his guest feature. It was both nerve wrecking and exciting because it was my first time live on air so the butterflies were too real!
- The one day my sister sent me an email with an advert from KidzCan. They were announcing their Cancer Awareness Walk and that sparked interest in me. You already know I am all about fitness and I wasted no time in getting in touch with the organisation to find out how we could take part. The walk went well and we managed to contribute 591 766 steps towards the cause. Things like this really make me happy. I am grateful that even though we all have busy schedules we still take time out to make a positive difference in the community.
- DivasIncOnline got in touch with me on Twitter and asked me if I would like to feature on their next “Twitterview” and of course I said yes. It was an hour long do and after it was over I remember sending them a message asking them how they picked their candidates for their Twitterviews. Their response left me feeling all shades of happy, they said “We basically look at anyone who is doing anything noteworthy.” I am definitely doing something right!
- I think the month of February should be dedicated to fitness actually because I just realised most of the things I am grateful for are fitness related. I hosted my first Fitness In The Park event and it went very well. One of the participants came all the way from Norton which is nearly 42kms out of Harare. A special thank you to Onai for keeping his word, he actually came through on the day and took part in all the activities. It was a great morning filled with skipping, running, fitness related discussions and plans for the next meet up.
- My heart and mind are filled with happy thoughts. Never in my life have I been in this positive space. Each day I wake up and I have something to look forward to. I have no idea where it came from, but I pray it is here to stay. Everyone needs something that keeps them going. Life is too short to always be focused on negative things. Try the best you can to make each day count, I know I am doing that every waking moment.
- Lastly, I am grateful for this bearded friend of mine called Kudzai. This guy is truly heaven sent and should be a Life Coach already! He is one human being who always has a positive attitude towards life and that shit is rubbing onto me every single day! He will push you to do your very best, open your mind to endless possibilities and share priceless information. I wish him all the beautiful things in life and I hope his hopes and dreams come true. Oh, I also hope he wins the Bear of The Year Award, he really is taking growing a beard to the next level.
March just flew past just like that? Like where was I when all this was happening?? It seems my life has become so busy; busy with good things though and that’s what makes it very beautiful. I have been making plans for different aspects of my life and so far things are looking up. There is something about making clear and specific goals that makes waking up everyday such an exciting event. You should try it sometime.
This month I am grateful for a lot of things but more than anything I am grateful for how things have changed between me and Miss Kupsy’s father. After I wrote an Open Letter to him all the negative energy I used to harbor was set free. If anything he makes an effort to spend time with his daughter, call her and just step up as and when he has to. I never thought I would ever write anything positive about him but he sure has proved me wrong. Perhaps people do change? Whatever the case is, I am grateful that my daughter now has her father in her life and she adores him to bits. I will not stand in the way of them nurturing a relationship, they need each other, I can’t do it all on my own.
That said, I am also grateful for music that soothes my soul. This is my song of the month and I have been playing it like it’s the only song on my playlist! Colour your life with love and laughter, it is too short to hold onto negativity especially given that we all don’t know when our last day on earth is. Each time I watch this song my mind goes to a happy place full of sunshine, endless waterfalls and laughter. I want to stay there forever. 🙂
Are you going to try out the Gratitude Jar?
If you already have one what are some of the lessons you have learnt from it?