I have some saving tips from a single mother who is in her 40’s. I think everyone will benefit from this post and I took this pretty seriously because she clearly has more years experience on raising a child single-handedly. Take out your pen and paper…
- Cut your hair, imagine the amount of money you are spending on hairdos that you could be saving for better use for you and your child.
- Live within your means.
- Do not compare yourself with people who are married, they have a double income you only have one, stay in your lane.
- Save some money each month, it doesn’t matter how little, trust me it will go a long way.
- Do not buy on credit, especially clothes, save to pay everything with cash.
- Take a lunchbox to work with healthy home made meals or sandwiches.
- Make friends with women in a similar situation who understand your struggles better.
- Do what works for you, do not try to please anyone.
- Set targets for yourself and make sure you reach them, it might take time but eventually you will get there.
- Learn how to sew, simple things like replacing a button and hemming your pants will go a long way for your pocket.
If you live by most of these rules you might actually get round to going for that holiday you have been dying for!