Yes, I am guilty of getting back with one okay maybe two ex boyfriends in the past with the hope that things will work out and we will live happily ever after. However, over time I have come to the conclusion that it might not be the best for me, I should simply let bygones be bygones and here are my reasons why;
- The same things we argued about before we broke up were the same reasons we fought over after getting back together.
- People don’t change, we broke up with a certain ex because he wasn’t faithful, and after trying again he was still unfaithful.
- I value my health and in this day and age of HIV/Aids one can’t be taking risks on their health. You don’t know where your ex has been and what they have been up to the time you were apart and taking them back might just risk your health.
- Someone takes advantage of you the moment they realise you keep taking them back even after they have hurt you.
- Physical abuse is not a pleasant experience and I will never again be associated with anyone who puts his hands on me. Not only is it physically damaging it also affects you emotionally.
- I don’t want them thinking they have a hold on me!
- There is a high chance you will break up again anyway.
But wait… it has worked out pretty well for other people, I just have been the unfortunate one. Those who have rekindled their love after breaking up share these thoughts:
We were both financially unstable and separated by distance. We decided to break up and when we were both in the same country we would give our love another try and years later we got married and have a beautiful baby together.
The love and connection we felt for each other was stronger than anything we had felt before and close to 20 years later we got back together and started a family.
He wanted to get married, I wanted to focus on my career. We wanted different things and decided to break up. After I finished University I bumped into him at the Mall and we got back to talking. We will be moving in to an apartment we chose together a few months ago. 🙂
You know what they say about life? It sure is full of surprises! What might not work for you will work wonders for the next person. Some people got their happy ending and well, the rest of us are on that “do not let an ex be the reason you don’t move on and find happiness and true love” tip! In my opinion once you say your goodbyes that must be enough to let you know that chapter of your life is closed.
Let’s talk about taking back your ex lover. Have you tried it before? How did that work out for you?