Hi there! My name is Mercy. I’m based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
I have two alter egos;
- MaKupsy; a combination of the word Amai (mother) and my daughter’s nickname Kupsy.
- Fitness Bae; the name I thrust upon myself because of my insane enthusiasm for fitness. Now I have to live up to that name and sometimes question why I even put myself up for such a task!
Blogging was birthed from a place of pain. I was going through a heartbreak. I felt that my friends were probably tired of my constant whinging so I decided to put my thoughts in a blog one post at a time. 6 years later and my blog has exploded into a brand.
Here’s the fun part. One day I thought why not start a Fitness Blog seeing no-one else was doing that in Zimbabwe? A year into that project I won an award and got so amped up I was blogging like it was going out of fashion. Three years later and two awards in have experienced nothing but breath taking opportunities.
Grow a pair and ask for what you want. I reached out to UnPlugged Zimbabwe in August 2017. After I pitched my idea we partnered up and I became their Resident Blogger responsible for writing monthly articles on different themes related to the event.
I find it fascinating that over the years it’s the Fitness Bae brand that brings in the money and MaKupsy doesn’t stop churning content that has readers wanting more. It’s a win-win scenario. One can’t work without the other.
You can read some of the popular posts here:
- Sex On The First Date
- Lobola Procedures
- To Give or Not To Give Your Girlfriend An Allowance
- My Sleep Paralysis Experience
- An Open Letter To Kupakwashe’s Father
- My Battle With Suicidal Thoughts
The biggest lesson that blogging has taught me is; “Whatever your mind conceives it can achieve.” I believed my story would inspire someone and it not only did that but opened doors of opportunity to network and collaborate.
Please fill in the form below for product reviews, blog features, blog collaborations or simply have a chat about all things creative.