I’ve never had an actual skin care routine but thanks to declaring 2018 as the year of the glow up; I decided to start researching on ways to take better care of my skin. My first stop was my facial skin. I have really oily skin and my face is prone to break outs. I can’t believe that at my very big age I still have to deal with acne. Turns out that some of the reasons why this is happening is because:
- Good old monthlys; I break out a few days after just like clock work.
- I’m always man handling a phone and the handset is obviously swamped with germs.
- I use any random lotion on my face after I wash it. (not a very bright idea!)
Once I figured out WHY I was breaking out I set out to work on the how to manage the situation. I read a few articles from the internet and I needed to get anti-bacterial wipes for my phone, serum for my face and continue to drink a lot of water because I already do this religiously. I’m a woman on a budget so after shopping around I settled for Gentle Magic Serum; it’s just $2.50 and $5 in some supermarkets but my secret spot has it for a very cheap deal!
Image from Google
I can safely say that 3 months later my facial skin is in a very happy place! This is my everyday routine.
- Wash my face with white soap and cold or warm water.
- Pat dry and apply gentle magic serum.
It doesn’t take much of my time to do this and if I choose to wear makeup on the day I simply apply it after applying serum first. Gentle Magic comes in an entire range which includes the bar soap, lotion, cream, mask, oil, and the serum. I tried the bar soap, it smells horrible so I dropped it and went back to using my good old white soap.
Scars have cleared 3 months later 🙂
The only worrisome thing is that everyone around me is telling me that if I continue to use it I’ll go lighter in complexion. That isn’t the plan for me; I just want to have even skin tone. I’ll do some more research and figure out how I can use it less often and find a face cream that will still work wonders for me.
Why I love Gentle Magic Serum:
- It’s affordable!
- The first ingredient is water. If you’re anything like me you want to know what’s in the product you’re using. The importance of having water as the main ingredient is that water hydrates the skin, a well hydrated skin is a glowing skin.
- It contains glycerin, glycerin is an emollient; making skin not only oist, but soft and supple to the touch.
- It contains sunscreen. Have you seen the prices for sunscreen on the shelves?! I’d rather buy Gentle Magic Serum any day!
- It lasts for weeks. I only bought my second tube a few weeks ago.
This is what has worked for me and I’m really excited about it because I’ve tried so many products before but none gave me such a positive result. I also make sure I eat right, exercise, clean my phone with anti bacterial wet wipes as often as I can and stay hydrated. My next step is to work on my hands, I do so much house chores they’re starting to look like they belong to someone else!
What’s your skin care routine and how long did it take you to finally figure out what works for you?
It’s the year of the glow up baby!