If certain phone apps were wiped away from the digital world I promise you my life would never be the same again. I love technology and all the benefits that come with it and that’s why I’m constantly on the look out for new apps. However, I have three favourites and when it comes to choosing which apps need to be updated they always come first and everything else can wait until I have data to waste on them.
- Period Calendar
Before technology I had to keep a diary and mark my calendar to keep track of my days. It was a cumbersome task and half the time I couldn’t locate my diary so “surprises” were almost always a thing every month. Thanks to technology someone decided to make life easier for women. With the period calendar :
- I know exactly when my period will be.
- I love the ovulation tracker feature. I’m NOT trying to get pregnant so I know when it’s an unsafe time to be having sex. It’s also great for those who want to get pregnant; you can increase your sexual pleasures around that time and hopefully get pregnant.
- If you’re a woman you know that half the time you go and see your doctor one of the first questions he will ask after you tell him what’s going on with you is “When was your last period?” Thanks to the Period Calendar you know exactly when it was and not just give him a vague day to work with.
- I like that it gives you a reminder a few days before your period is due.
- I like that it backs up data so even if I change phones I don’t have to struggle to remember when my last period was.
- If you’re dating both you and your partner can download this app it’s not for the ladies only hey.
- I can plan in advance. Nothing like arriving at your weekend getaway with your partner only for your period to show up. All that anticipated sex out the window…
Twitter is very addictive once you get the hang of it. I’ve been using this application for the past 6 years. If I had to use one social media platform to use for the rest of my life I would choose Twitter a million times over. Twitter has everything you need in one app. News, motivational quotes, fitness, food, gossip, twars, challenges, trolls, you name it it’s there. You just need to make sure you follow people that actually tweet things you like to read otherwise you will be in for a disappointment. Am I the only one who has never changed their Twitter from night mode for nearly two years now? Also, the Edit button please, we NEED it!
Over the years I’ve made very good friends, grown my own interests, partnered up with amazing brands, fallen in and out of love, watched people I follow get married, have children, start businesses and recently heard heart breaking news that one of the first few bloggers (@RaeLyric) I started following when I embarked on my blogging journey passed on. May her dear soul rest in eternal peace…
3. Nike Run Club
2917 kilometers later and I’ve stayed true to my NRC app. I remember when I switched form an Android phone to an iPhone and I couldn’t figure out how to download applications. I was so close to taking the phone back because if I couldn’t access my NRC app there was no point in having the phone at all. I was up for the greater part of the night and once I figured it out I went to sleep. That’s how much I’m addicted to both the app and running. My life is empty without running or fitness and without this application to track my records then what’s the point of it all? I have so many reasons why I love NRC; I’ll try not to bore you and just give you a few.
- I can track my runs with or without data.
- There are medals for milestones that you reach.
- Challenges are back so you can partner up with friends or join an existing challenge to keep your runs interesting.
- My favourite has to be the Guided Runs. I love the speed runs, they really put my body through the most.
- I can track my running speed progress and adjust accordingly.
My friend and I are currently hosting a July Fitness Challenge and you can join in anytime. Check out my Facebook Page for more information @thefitnessbae
There you have it, my top 3 phone apps I’d die without. What are your favourite phone applications? Which one have you used the longest and are there any that you’re dying to try out? Please share, I love to try out new things.