Brown Rice Zucchini Stir Fry anyone?
For most people eating veggies is a chore; unless you’re MaKupsy, I love me some veggies, I actually can’t live without vegetables!
Even though a plant-based lifestyle is a lot of work it’s well worth the benefits that come with it which include but aren’t limited to:
- Lower blood cholesterol.
- Heart health , improving your body energy.
- Good protein.
A bonus is that you can add in small amounts of fish and lean meat here and there so that you don’t feel too deprived of meat.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
What you need:
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 med sized zucchini
2 reg sized carrots
2 cups mushrooms (your favourite type)
Half of each bell pepper (green,yellow,red)
2 tablespoons Tomato purée
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Half squeezed lemon
Salt and black pepper to taste.
What you do:
1. Fry-the mushroom until golden brown. Add diced potatoes, diced zucchini and fry till golden brown. If you have spices, this would be the right time to add them.
2. Fry carrots till tender , add half squeezed lemon , together with chopped bell peppers.Add an onion to your taste.
3. Mix 1&2 , tomato purée and soy sauce.
4. Add the rice and mix with all your ingredients, add more salt and more oil to your taste.
Serve with a side dish of your choice
This delicious recipe was shared and prepared by Prudence, she makes some very eye catching and mouth watering dishes. You can follow her on Facebook: @PrudenceTaika and Instagram: @vinasdrew Below are my other favourite dishes that she has prepared and shared on her social media platforms.
I think I might try this plant-based life after all; I’m sold!
What sort of diet are you on? Have you tried going vegan at any point? How did that work out for you?