I bought myself a bottle of Dax 3 in 1 Super Curl Sheen a while ago because I was and still am out of coconut oil. Members from the Facebook Page I follow for natural hair care highly recommend this product so I decided to give it a try as an alternative while I waited for my supplier to restock the product that makes my hair really happy. I remember using Dax 3 in 1 Super Curl Sheen way back in primary school. This is round about the time I learnt how to do my own hair. How I wish I had taken it to the next level and learnt how to do cornrows, I could be making serious money right about now! The country is on a serious natural hair movement and there’s no stopping us. The product seemed to work just fine back then so I had no doubt it would work miracles yet again.
The packaging is basic nothing too fancy. Directions on how to apply the product are simple and written at the back of the bottle; they read:
Apply generous amounts of Super Dax 3 in Triple Action Black Curl Sheen to your hair and massage evenly throughout your hair with your fingertips. Comb into your favourite style.
I asked my Twitter followers if they had used this product before. Their responses;
My clothing was always stained as a kid, especially collars – @SoulDeepZim
Awesome, my pubic hair had been flourishing ever since – @_iamTJ (I don’t know if he’s serious or just playing.)
I’ve been using this product for a month and a half now.
- It’s cheap, I bought it in Bon Marche for $3.80.
- It leaves your hair soft and easy to manage if you plan on plaiting it.
- I don’t like the sticky effect it leaves on my hands. After applying it my hair felt sticky, dirty and heavy I felt like I had to rewash my hair.
- Dax 3 in 1 leaves stains on my pillow cases and satin bonnet.
- There are no ingredients listed so I have no clue what I’m feeding my hair with.
- I didn’t see any positive changes after using it. My hair felt and looked miserable. I assume it works for certain hair types. I’m still trying to figure out what my hair type is so there’s that.
The natural hair community hypes a lot of things, I’ve learnt that not everything that works for others will automatically work for me. Thankfully the product was cheap and I wasn’t too heart broken when it didn’t work. I gave it away to someone who made better use of it.
On a scale of 0-10, I rate the product at 3. At least it will keep your hair moisturised until your reliable everyday product is back on the market.
What has your experience with Dax 3 in 1 Curl Sheen? Would you recommend it to a friend?