I have a love hate relationship with Sunday. I love it because I get to relax and unwind but I hate it because it’s a reminder that I have to get back to being normal tomorrow and stop spending my day in my PJ’s doing any and everything at my own time and pace.
- Attempt to get out of bed or stay there all day long. It’s all up to you, today is your day to relax and unwind.
- Go to church. I prefer attending the morning service, it runs from 7am to 9am and I can start my day with my soul feeling reenergized and ready to face a beautiful day and week ahead.
- Exercise. Studies have shown that A few minutes of hard exercise is always better than nothing, and it can have real, lasting benefits. I have a bunch of DVD workouts I thoroughly enjoy doing and just 20 mins is enough and on a day like today I can go all out and do a full hour.
- Take a bath. Ever noticed how you rarely get to enjoy a nice soak in during the week because you have a million and one things to do. Well, today’s your day to take out your favourite bubble bath or bath salts, create a soothing playlist and enjoy every minute of your therapy.
- Fix yourself a delicious and filling meal. Take your pick. I’d suggest a scrumptious brunch tho that way you won’t have need to make anything for supper. A light snack will do the trick for later on and the bonus part is you won’t have to do dishes afterwards.
- Take a walk. The Jacaranda’s are out this part of the world. For the lucky few who don’t have allergies you will love the views and fresh air. Perfect for taking selfies too.
- Catch up on your favourite series. I’m currently watching Insecure, already on Season 3. Issa Rae is hair goals! You can watch the season review here.
- Watch YouTube videos. Ever since my friend introduced me to the other side of it my life has never been the same. I’m subscribed to a bunch of channels but my top 3 favourites are Minority Mindset, Gravity Transformation and Alux.com. I’ve always known I could learn a lot from the internet but I never realised there was so much content out there and me being a visual person makes the whole YouTube experience a lot of fun for me. What are some of your favourite YouTube channels so that I can check them out as well?
- Take a nap. Nothing beats a 45 minute power nap. It’s glorious.
- Do your hair. I’m a naturalista 4c hair type girl. That hair needs all the time, patience, prayers and strength in the world to get done and Sunday is my go to day.
- Read. I have a challenge to read at least 3 books each month. Not the romance type of books but more along the lines of books that will help me grow mentally. I’m currently reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari; it’s challenging me to look at life with a different pair of eyes. I love my hard copies but if that’s not your cup of tea you can settle for audio books. The great thing about audio books is that you can do other things while listening in; hello multitasking.
- Stay away from your phone for the entire day. WhatsApp can be a sure enemy of progress. Before you know it the day is gone and you did nothing productive. Your family and friends will be okay, you need the alone time every now and again.
- Plan your week ahead. This is a sure way to know you will be productive in the few days to come. I usually jot down a to-do-list which I review weekly to make sure I’ve accomplished my goals. All successful people work with lists – Brian Tracy said so and he’s a millionaire so that alone should speak for itself.
What are you up to today? Please share your Sunday to-do-list.